THE ROLE: Executive/Personal Assistant
LOCATION: San Diego, CA
WORKSPACE: This role is focused on support for our CEO, Dr. Henny Kupferstein, who works mostly from her home in San Diego, California. The successful candidate for this role will be comfortable working alongside Dr. Henny in her home environment, and sometimes running errands in the local area. Deaf assistants and/or American Sign Language preferred.
To Apply: email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and expertise, and availability for the next 3 weeks.
The Doogri Institute conducts research, provides professional training, and directs services through creative and expressive arts to individuals who are disadvantaged both by disability and inequity. Our research and advocacy team consists of scholars and leading experts in their field. All research, professional training, and direct services are augmented by lived experiences. The program creates a bridge for previously oppressed individuals in their quest to immerse themselves in mainstream culture and higher education. This systemic empowerment may lead to self actualization. The Doogri Method includes proprietary wellbeing markers to assure that our work also addresses self image, identity development, and self determination toward actualization, with a specialized focus on Auxiliary aid or service necessary to ensure effective communication.
We generate job opportunities and provide professional experience that we want our team members to provide for others. We call this our “karma Clause” in our mission statement. Our peer mentorship model is tested and re-tested to validate our core foundation of gainful AND meaningful opportunities within our board meetings. We provide them the experience that we want them to provide for others “karma clause” Our ethical hiring policy for the opportunities we generate include the teachers we train, the musicians we license, and the autistic adults who are trained to teach our students.
WORKING AT DOOGRI:
We love weekdays! Some things you should know about what it’s like to be on the Doogri team.
- We value ADA and what it means for us as a team entitled to these civil liberties. AAC users, deaf staff, autistic collaborators, and all communication support is welcome and prioritized.
- We are a team of collaborative, creative, authentic, and highly effective people. Together we are launching the #AGPmodel and the #banABA initiative!
- We get big things done at an extraordinary pace, while making space for joy, friendship, and fun.
- The culture is alive and kicking — we move forward boldly. We believe in making public to people a big opportunity that they love, and empowering them to lead and own the area they’re responsible for.
- We thrive in a working culture where collaboration is accessible. It’s important to us that each team member’s voice is heard and valued. We solve problems creatively as a team, and celebrate each other’s impact.
The Executive/Personal Assistant will be responsible for providing seamless professional and personal assistance to our lead researcher, Dr. Henny, as well as general coordination support for the full Executive Team. The successful incumbent in this role will be a seasoned executive assistant who is passionate about proactively smoothing out the edges of a CEO’s day-to-day life, optimizing her productivity and her ability to contribute her best strengths to the company. In addition, the EA will support the operation of Doogri’s Executive Team, by creating and maintaining processes to support our leaders’ meetings, projects, and reporting activities.
The Executive Assistant to the CEO will be supremely organized, excellent at prioritizing tasks and getting things done, while building and maintaining warm professional relationships with internal team members and external partners. This person will thrive in a very fast-paced, dynamic, fun growth environment – they will always be two steps ahead of what needs to get done, and will solve problems and add value at every turn. Our CEO and Founder’s life is a beautiful, seamless blend of private needs and social media personality – her Executive/Personal Assistant will be comfortable jumping right into that environment. This role will involve everything from: preparing polished professional writing, correspondence, and reporting packages; to dropping off samples for shipping; to booking travel; to completing personal/family support tasks; to playing a key role in challenging business projects.
- Ensure the smooth flow of the CEO’s activities and be a key liaison to our leaders across the organization
- Expand the CEO’s strategic capacity, ensuring her time is being spent on the highest priority needs. Understand the organization, its goals, and its teams — ensure that commitments are fulfilled, relationships are strong and healthy, and great work is done with ease
- Support the operation of Doogri’s Executive Team, coordinating and supporting meetings, tracking project actions, and overseeing internal and external reporting activities.
- With a high level of confidentiality, manage email correspondence, flagging important and actionable items, and drafting professional correspondence
- Manage the CEO’s calendar, scheduling events and acting as the key point of contact for internal and external meeting requests. Assumes full ownership and maintenance of the calendar, accounting for both professional and personal commitments.
- Manage and coordinate key meetings: set up, prepare agenda, briefing notes, reporting packages, and presentations. Take meeting notes, and track the completion of action items.
- Travel management: arrange domestic and international travel, both business and personal, researching and coordinating all travel related activities.
- Performing personal errands as required
- Event and project management: coordinate with other team members to plan internal and external events, and contribute to key operational projects
- Expenses and finance: file and track expense reports, and provide administrative support to financial activities as required
- Demonstrated experience providing support to a senior executive or executives, preferably in a high-growth environment
- Experience combining your business expertise and impeccable communication skills with an egoless willingness to dig in and take on tasks of all shapes and sizes
- Deadline-driven, with the ability to flexibly adapt to rapidly shifting priorities with grace
- The ability to thrive while working independently, following through on the completion of tasks without being prompted, leveraging resourcefulness and superior organization skills
- Extremely keen attention to detail, and highly accurate data management
- Social media savvy and able to navigate related platforms with ease
- Highly proficient user of the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience and/or interest in fashion, apparel, retail, or e-commerce preferred
- Adept at dealing with confidential information requiring the utmost discretion
- A team player, who loves to build and nurture relationships with internal and external stakeholders
If this role is calling your name, we look forward to meeting you!
- PHASE I INTERVIEWS are conducted via Zoom with closed captioning available. Lipreading is required to please be prepared to show your face.
- PHASE II meet n greet in San Diego’s home office of Doogri to complete your hiring process.
Doogri Institute warmly welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and groups. We are committed to a culture of creative collaboration that celebrates and uplifts diverse perspectives and voices.
Full transparency is an important topic for us, as ‘Doogri’ is the aramaic word for ‘forthright’. At this time we’re performing a full total compensation review across our organization. We’re prioritizing establishing and communicating a fair and equitable salary structure and review process, so we can speak to all our compensation conversations thoughtfully, both internally and externally. If you are contacted about your application to this role, we commit to having an open and transparent conversation about pay in our first meeting with you. Be prepared to negotiate your salary.