What’s with all the politics and the holdups?
Bookmark this page to stay tuned with our research and advocacy.
State and Local Advocacy
- San Diego only enrolled 43 people, despite a lottery slot of 300.
- Suzy Requarth is the person tasked with “implementation funds and spending plan.”
- If the Regional Center does not fulfill this mandate, they will have to relinquish their budget to approved SD plans. <– no wonder they’re avoiding your calls
- If you would like to advocate for San Diego to implement more efficiently, please write to your Representatives and attend committee hearings.
- Get involved with the committee who makes decisions for us: Self-Determination Local Advisory Committee Meetings are held the 3rd Tuesday of every month. Schedule is here
- Upcoming: Jun. 15, 2021 5:00-6:30 p.m.
Register in advance for this meeting
Links for Navigation
- San Diego SDRC Self Determination Orientation with Regional Center, California
- The Politics of Self Determination and Regional Centers in California
- July 1, 2021 Self Determination started today!!!!
- Return to Doogri.org/SD for Self Determination