The Doogri Institute maintains a network of professional staff. We provide community habilitative services and coaching to meet the individual needs of all clients who are OPWDD eligible. Individuals who are on the Self Direction program may benefit from our broker service to facilitate reimbursement for services rendered.
Services provided through the Doogri Institute:
- Classes available to the general public in any subject area that relates to a person’s valued outcomes (Art, Dance, Exercise, Cooking, Computer Training, Etc.)
- Sessions with a private trainer (physical education/exercise) may be covered as long as the service relates to a valued outcome).
- Classes must be related to a habilitative need in the individual’s person‐centered plan and not just for recreational purposes.
- Classes must be non‐credit bearing; IDGS funding is for non‐matriculating students.
- Not to exceed the published fees as outlined in the entity’s published course fees.
Example of services available:
- Therapeutic piano lessons, private and community music classes – Doogri Institute Center for the Arts, Rockland County, NY near Monsey, Spring Valley, and Lakewood community.
- Academic coaching, intervention facilitator, community independence, mobility navigation, social community training, and self determination towards independent living skills. Located at the Doogri Institute Center for the Arts Monsey office, or video-conferencing.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does your child have a developmental disability from birth? Is your child OPWDD eligible?
- Does your child need support for making academic, social, and emotional strides?
- Does your child require coaching to access community classes, special skills group sessions, or personalized and individualized sessions?
- Is your child in an appropriate setting and steadily meeting goals and objectives?
- Do you wish to supplement your child’s service program with tutors, coaching, and specialized support personnel as a reimbursable service?
Contact the Doogri Institute today to learn about the community classes and publicly available training and coaching. We have the staff available to deliver the Individual Directed Goods and Services (IDGS) and supports approved within the individual’s habilitation plan. Call our broker today to get started with Self Direction.
Our monthly progress reports include how these services and supports helped:
- Improve independence at home and in the community
- Live safely at home
- Be more involved in the community
- Improve health
- Engage in meaningful activities such as: Work towards the following goals/valued outcomes